For meeting the growing demands of quality health care at tertiary level institution like Medical College, by people residing in urban and rural areas of Agra and also from surrounding districts and states, and for providing better health services to people who could not approach other specialized institutions like AIIMS, Delhi and Private Hospitals, due to emergency health condition, peer pressure, lack of basic facilities and financial constraints, this institute should be upgraded to an apex level institution.
The up gradation would also be beneficial and worthwhile for improving the quality of teaching to the Medical undergraduate and post graduate students of Uttar Pradesh and other states that are selected through All India Entrance Examinations and would be helpful in ensuring development of up-to-date skill and knowledge among these students so that they could meet the requirements of modern technology during their practice as medical person.
For achievement of vision for future of upgrading S N Medical College & Hospital, Agra, numerous proposals have been sent to the state government including one for upgrading this institute to the level of All India Institute of Medical Sciences. This will comprise of following activities:
Proposed Newer Units in the Institute
- Development of new buildings and units in the campus
- Renovation of the existing departments.
- Recruitment of trained staff for management of specialized units.
- Establishment of computerized hospital management system under the control of qualified computer professionals and representatives from college.
- Construction of Administrative unit where all information from the college and hospital could be compiled and used.
- Critical Care Unit
- Intensive Coronary Care Unit
- Trauma Unit
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Pediatric Rehabilitation Unit
- Cancer Unit
- Endocrinology and Diabetic Unit
- Reproductive Health Unit
- Family Counseling Unit
- Computer and Data Management Unit
- Cardiothoracic Unit
- Neurology Unit
- Laboratory Medicine Unit
- Gastroenterology Unit
- Nephrology Unit
- Hematology Unit
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Unit
- Public Health Institute
- Psychiatric and De addiction Unit
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Imaging Unit